Whether traveling for business or pleasure, chartered private jets allow you to maximize efficiency and minimize your time in the air. Also, commercial flying has its own set of benefits. Consider both options, but choose the one that suits you best.
How is a private flight different from a commercial flight?
Depending on your destination and priorities, we have various private jet charter options to choose from. A list of compelling arguments for not taking a commercial flight for your next vacation or business meeting.
- Boarding. Commercial flights have a clear-cut scenario for passenger boarding. It would be best to arrive at the airport well before your scheduled flight to have enough time for the entire boarding process. Security checks can be particularly time-consuming, as procedures like checking bags and going through x-ray machines are essential steps in the security process. Boarding on a private flight is much more convenient and flexible regarding takeoff time. You will have to go through security to board a private plane, but the various checks and check-in will take much less time.
- Amenities. Commercial airliners offer premium seats to provide extra space and convenience for passengers. At the same time, charter flights may offer more amenities, thoughtful dining options, comfortable seats, and work or rest areas, depending on the purpose of the trip.
- Space. In-flight space is one of the most prominent differences between private and commercial air travel. So many factors, like privacy and comfort, depend on having enough space on board. On a commercial flight, you are limited to one seat. Moreover, some private planes have sleeping areas, work areas, office space, and other things that may be your most comfortable option.
- Productivity. It can be imperative for a client to remain productive during a flight, in which case a private flight provides that option. You can make video calls, answer emails, and tackle essential tasks right in the air. However, commercial flights have no privacy, so staying productive can be much more complicated.
- Privacy. When flying commercial planes, you’ll find yourself shoulder-to-shoulder with a stranger. This can make it much more difficult or uncomfortable to deal with personal matters. With a private flight, you decide where you are going and who will be on the plane with you. So you can enjoy the level of privacy you need for a comfortable flight.
The cost of flying private vs. commercial aircraft
Budget plays a key role when choosing between a private and commercial flight. Private flights are usually more expensive, but the price is associated with exclusivity and extra benefits during the flight. On the other hand, commercial travel is more palatable in terms of price, but simultaneously you sacrifice many amenities and other benefits. Also, it’s worth considering that private charter companies may offer specials like an empty leg flight at a more affordable price.
Is a private jet safer than a commercial?
Regarding safety, flying on a private jet is on par with flying on a commercial airplane. A significant advantage of private aviation is that all aircraft are regularly inspected and always equipped with qualified personnel. With modern technology, private flights have become extremely comfortable and safe.
Do private jets fly faster than commercial airplanes?
Private jets can fly faster than commercial airliners. Because private jets weigh less, they can go up and down quicker than commercial airplanes. Private jets may be your best option if you must get to your destination as quickly as possible and conveniently.
Additional advantages of flying by private jet
One of the main advantages of a private jet charter is flexibility, privacy, overall convenience, and safety. Our company offers customers unlimited access to a worldwide network of private jets for work or leisure. Private jet passengers can bring their pets, oversized items, and anything else necessary during the flight. Moreover, the value of a person’s time makes flying on a private jet more economical. It allows you to get to your destination faster and much more efficiently than on a commercial basis.
Book a Private Jet Charter with Mercury Jets
Improve your air travel experience with Mercury Jets. We’re ready to help you achieve your private air travel goals. Call or email us today to book a private jet charter at competitive rates and personalized service on board. If you still have questions about a private jet charter, ask us before you book, and we will be sure to help you in the best way possible.